Another month passed by and August proofed to be another one that shows the world of tech never sleep as telcos need to beef up on their blockhain know-how. Reinvention is certainly inevitable in the tech world but sometimes there might be a silver lining in making some turns like Elon Musk’s Latest U-Turn. And as stated in our July news round-up, one’s loss is the win for another as Ericsson and Samsung gain share in network gear as ZTE slumps.
Before we share further news recap, let’s just take a moment to appreciate how technology can and is bringing unity in the world. As a tech company, we can vouch for that and HERE is why.
Now for the news from the tech world that caught our eyes in August:
- Ledger Insights: Four major telcos collaborate for telecoms blockchain test
- The Manila Times: Finance chief still fighting for telco duopoly
- news.com.au: Vodafone and TPG merge could mean the end of dirt cheap plans
- Financial Express: From mobile wallet to digital lender; fintech players diversify
- Mobile World Live: South Korea bullish on mobile payment growth
- Forbes: Wall Street to give bitcoin another boost
- Deal Street Asia: Myanmar digital content provider BiT raises seven-digit sum led by UMJ Ikeya
- Business Insider: Disney has some ‘Netflix killer’ streaming plans
- Digiday: Viacom sets up international hubs to pump out short-form content
- Cybersport: OG wins The International 2018
- Bloomberg: Super Mario creator warns gaming industry: Don’t be too greedy
- Mashable Asia: Fortnite developer had sharp words for Google