To close a year of rapid growth in the industry, let’s review the December Mobile World News.
While Telcos are moving towards a Software-defined Network we can expect a higher flexibility and manageability on the bandwidth services delivered to customers. Align with it be ready to see more IoT that will be competing with OTT Players.
In the future of payments, cashless countries are not the only the new trend but actually are successful initiatives, as it is demonstrated by Sweeden and India. On a personal note, I love to see how mobile can improve our society snews such as how the Indonesian Government is becoming more accountable because of an app, makes me happy.
I am definitely excited to check what it is going to happen next year in the Industry. What about you?
For more articles about December Mobile World News, check our list below!
- Tech in Asia: MyRepublic loses bid to be Singapore’s 4th telco. The winner is TPG
- Mobile World Live: Apple in talks with India over local production – report
- Telecom Asia: Cellco IoT revenues reach $11.7b in 2016
- Tech in Asia: Light at the end of the tunnel: here’s the multiplier effect of going cashless
- Mobile World Live: Western Union, Maybank launch money transfer app
- Telecom Asia: Over half of APAC connected consumers use m-payment
- App Annie: Video Streaming’s Massive Growth in Asia
- Tech Crunch: Facebook now flags and down-ranks fake news with help from outside fact checkers
- Telecom Asia: Tencent China streams reality show thru LiveU
Internet of Things
- The Next Web: Google’s Self-driving Cars spin out into new company called Waymo
- Mashable: Google’s Android Things looks to take control of the IoT landscape
- Telecom Asia: Gemalto enters IoT alliance with Huawei
- Pocket Gamerz: The 6 Most Fascinating Mobile Game Development Stories of 2016
- App Annie: Super Mario Run Generates $14M in the First Three Days
- Mashable: ‘Pokémon Go’ has been released for Apple Watch, at long last
Happy New Year 2017!