Another month behind us and it’s time to recap the biggest events that happened in the mobile tech world. For us at Forest Interactive, we certainly had a great October. A congratulation is in order for our CEO, Johary Mustapha being named as a Top Nominee for EY Entrepreneur of The Year Malaysia 2018. In celebration of the many roles he played and continues to play in relentlessly leading us all in this fast-changing industry.
On another personal note, October also brought us a lot of activities as we end our LevelUp@Schools initiative for this year by inviting the amazing students from MRSM Kuala Krai from Kelantan who won our LevelUp@Schools coding competition and gave them A Further Look Into Malaysia’s Gaming Industry. We also joined MDEC in Building Future Leaders In The Digital Industry At #Mydigitalmaker. Find out more about what we’ve been up to HERE.
And here are the stories from October that caught our eyes:
- Engadget – With the iPhone XR, Apple broadens its ‘best’
- Telecoms – Blockchain Set to Play Key Role in Telco Operations: Analyst
- Cult of Mac – Germany’s finance minister wants tech giants to pay higher taxes
- Fintech Futures – Standard Chartered and Huawei tackling corporate payments with IoT
- Payment Week – PayPal, American Express Get Together In Mobile Payments Advance
- New Straight Times – CIMB introduces QR payment acceptance at terminals
- CNBC – Facebook hack affected 3 million in Europe, creating the first big test for privacy regulation there
- Time – YouTube Went Down Around the World
- Mashable Asia – The best VPNs according to the Reddit community