TAIPEI – Despite the cancellation of this year’s most-awaited Taipei Game Show, Wallet Codes is keeping up the spirit to engage with esports gamers by giving out Wallet Codes Packet Fun. The event was held on 16 May in Ximending, Taipei.
The packet fun which contained snacks received an engaging response from game enthusiasts. Apart from enjoying the snacks, they also had the chance to learn about how to play games at home without a burden. The Wallet Codes team had the opportunity to explain the products, how it works, and what makes it useful in the esports arena.
“Taipei Game Show cancellation did not stop the spirit of gaming. Wallet Codes was in this to provide gamers with online payments for game points,” said Forest Interactive Regional Head, Jocelyn Chang. “So far, we have a wide range of games available on our platform which includes Steam, PUBG, Mobile Legends, Nintendo, PlayStation, and Garena.”
“We have more than 40,000 users from all over the world, and those from Taiwan and the Philippines are among our loyal customers. We’re grateful for the rapidly increasing number of young users,” she continued.
Wallet Codes enables gamers to buy game codes using their airtime credit seamlessly or through telco micropayment. Alternatively, they can also use the platform to purchase codes from convenience stores such as 7-Eleven iBon, and FamiPort.
Facts About Wallet Codes
- Wallet Codes is a one-stop website portal dedicated for gamers to purchase game points and digital vouchers online and offline in a fast, secure and convenient way.
- Wallet Codes was just launched in 2016, but in just three short years, it has been growing exponentially in terms of market expansion and customer reach/engagement.
- The target market is gamers aged 13-17, especially those who use the following platforms: STEAM, Google Play, and Playstation.
- Wallet Codes is a proprietary product developed by Forest Interactive, a Malaysia-based, Malaysian-owned company with presence in 13 countries around the world. Forest is also a recipient of numerous awards in Asia.
- The first market tapped was the Philippines, followed by expansion across Indonesia, Malaysia and Taiwan. In the past two years, Wallet Codes debuted in, Pakistan, Myanmar, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, UAE, Palestine, and Qatar allowing service providers to open a new revenue stream that reaches millions of users.
- With over 230 million Mobile Legends users, 70 Million PSN users, and 60 Million STEAM subscribers, Wallet Codes is bridging the gap between e-commerce and esports.
- Wallet Codes is a proud exhibitor to numerous gaming events around Asia. These include the Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit (ESGS) Manila, Taipei Game Show (TGS), The Kuala Lumpur Major, and Badan EkonomiKreatif (Bekraf) Game Prime.
- Wallet Codes is the first in the market implementing loyalty point system called P-Point, where users will receive points on every successful transaction and the accumulated points can be used to purchase anything on the Wallet Codes portal.
- Wallet Codes is not just a product, it is expanding into a gaming hub, and an eSports tournament club. Wallet Codes works closely with the Forest Interactive Gaming Habitat Team (FIGHT) during special events held around Southeast Asia.
- FIGHT is Forest Interactive’s dedicated events team which organizes capsule tournaments for Mobile Legends. As of today, FIGHT organized events and tournaments in three countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
- At these events, Wallet Codes also holds an exclusive 1-day sale wherein customers can purchase gaming currency and pay with cash.
- Between 2018 and 2019, Wallet Codes has reached an average 48,500-page view per day, with an average stay time of 5 minutes and 36 seconds per user, and an average 6,680 visitors per day.
- Wallet Codes is a winner of the 2018 Silver Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards for Consumer and Product Services. Wallet Codes has also been most recently nominated for the APICTA-PIKOM Awards.
For more information, kindly visit wallet-codes.com/tw.
About Forest Interactive (as of July 2020)
Forest Interactive is an award-winning telecommunications platform provider with a global presence across 14 regional offices in 33 countries. Since its founding in 2006, Forest Interactive has been providing innovative and revenue-generating solutions for 50 mobile operators and is connected to more than 1 billion subscribers worldwide. The company enables enriched mobile experiences through highly-customizable platforms such as Digital Service Delivery Platform (DSDP), Mobile Games Publishing, and eVouchers. Forest Interactive is also the organizer for numerous Mobile Esports events in partnership with Moonton and Tencent.
For more information, please contact:
Forest Interactive Press Bureau
Address: Unit C-7-2, Megan Avenue 2, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone: +603 2162 2728